SITE Europe Summit: A Focus on Destination Immersion
SITE Among First in Travel to Publish Report on EU CSRD Law Impact
The Society of Incentive Travel Executives Incentive Summit Europe, held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, was “boutique by choice and intimate by design,” the organization states. In other news, SITE publishes the first report on the potential impact of the European Union Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive on the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions) market.
Over “60 incentive travel professionals experienced a highly innovative program of networking, education and destination immersion,” at the recent event, SITE International reports.
SITE says it “challenged its in-country hosts to think outside the box and deliver a series of destination experiences reflecting the macro-trends impacting our industry – concerns around sustainability and belonging, diversity, equity and inclusion.”
Host committee member Boštjan Horjak, CEO, Liberty Adriatic DMC, commented, “As a long-time proponent, I was delighted with the forensic focus on sustainability during our day at the Brdo Estate and with the reaction we got to our city tours that focused on homelessness, feminism and the circular economy.”
Explains SITE CEO Annette Gregg, “Incentive Summit Europe is now an established fixture along with Incentive Summit Americas in SITE’s annual calendar of events. Our focus with the incentive summit series is on quality and innovation – quality relationships, quality learning experiences, quality destination immersion and innovation in program design and implementation.”
SITE may be among the first in the travel association field to address the new European Union Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive in a comprehensive report for SITE members by Bruce Bolger, Publisher of RRN and founder of its parent company, Enterprise Engagement Alliance. The report, entitled, “EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive Will Have Direct Impact on Most SITE Members,” outlines the potential impact on incentive companies and travel planners, hotels, DMCs and other industry players.
The article reports that the new “anti-greenwashing law, considered by many in the legal and management consulting business to be a game changer, redefines the concept of sustainability by requiring companies subject to the law to make detailed disclosures not only on their environmental goals and practices but on the ways they manage their own employees; the employment practices of the companies in their supply and distribution chains, as well as their management practices for customers, supply chain and distribution partners, and communities.”
It continues, “The core purpose of the law is to reduce greenwashing by large companies and to level the playing field by requiring audited, public reporting following a standardized format for ease of comparison, and to enable all stakeholders to assess an organization’s double-materiality; that is, the impact it has on its stakeholders and the environment, including benefits and risks, and the impact stakeholders have on its success, including opportunities and risks.”
RRN: Your Partner in Success in Incentives, Rewards, and RecognitionPublished by the Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org
- The only weekly news, how-to and resource publication of record for the Incentive, Rewards, and Recognition field.
- The only marketing agency focusing specifically on the IRR and broader engagement marketplace.
The Industry’s Only Combined Media Platform and Marketing Agency to Help You Expand Your Business
- All the industry news, research, announcements, and how-to articles read by over 20,000 end-users in sales, marketing, and human resources; incentive, recognition, loyalty and promotional companies, as well as marketing and human resources agencies, seeking to enhance performance through effectively designed incentive programs.
- Unparalleled business development services for engagement, incentive and incentive travel, recognition firms; brands, gift cards and master fulfillment companies, and technology firms, featuring ROI-based business development strategy design and ongoing digital and social media and e-newsletter communications to help marketers profit in the coming era of cookie-less marketing.
- Unique abilities for solution providers to sponsor authoritative, evergreen content directly related to what they sell through the EEA’s Effective Practices series on articles in our media platforms.
- EEA YouTube Channel with over three dozen how-to and insight videos and growing with nearly 100 expert guests.
- Access to new technologies from EEA preferred solution providers enabling brands to create their own points-based or transactional redemption site.
- Unparalleled expertise in program design, return on investment measurement, reporting, and prescriptive analytics.
Outreach to Enhance Industry Awareness
The EEA is dedicated to helping address the fact that the IRR business remains a little-known industry.
- The Association of National Advertisers education effort reaches the CMOs of almost every leading brand to promote our industry and the importance of program design through created for their members.
- The Brand Media Coalition has led the way in helping brands better tell their stories for use in incentive, recognition, and loyalty programs, and to actively promote the importance of the reward experience and buying through industry channels.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance is assisting companies with the upcoming Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, which includes details on the practices and metrics involved with employee and customer engagement.
Promoting Effective Program Design
- The EEA provides comprehensive and growing library of concise, research-based resources to promote serious ROI-based thinking, including the importance of the reward experience.
- Join the Enterprise Engagement Alliance to master the processes of enterprise engagement, stakeholder management and reporting, or contact the EEA to get expert assistance on strategy design, implementation, and reporting.
RRN: Your Partner in Success in Incentives, Rewards, and Recognition
Contact Bruce Bolger at 914-591-7600, ext. 230 or email Bolger@TheEEA.org when you want to get to know or get known in this growing $1.76 billion marketplace.