With over 30 years of experience in travel, of which 17 of them were in individual incentive travel, RoWards founder and Chief Rewards Officer Robert Ward says his company focuses on offering a selection of getaways around the world offering recipients the “opportunity to exhale.”
Despite the popularity of individual incentive travel, there are only a few companies that specifically focus on providing incentive travel experiences. This is one reason Robert Ward founded RoWards earlier this year, just as the country began to see a path out of the pandemic.
“Individual travel has the unique ability to inspire people in three ways: before the trip, in terms of anticipation, planning, excitement; during the trip, in fulfilling once-in-a-life dreams with a significant other paid for by their company, and afterwards in the memories and photographs looked back upon for a lifetime,” Ward says. “Our job is to make dreams come true.”
RoWards curates and delivers flexible, personalized travel experiences for both employee and customer loyalty programs, he explains. While others focus on events or adventure-oriented experiential packages, or on providing points-based travel rewards solutions, Ward says the RoWards story is to create offerings in the US and around the world categorized by Couple's Getaways, Family Travel, Golf Trips, Ski Destinations, Exotic Excursions, along with gift cards. The selections range from exclusive resorts to private home rentals, categorized into plateaus. The goal, he adds, is to focuses on offerings “that are special…Not things people can easily do on their own.”
The packages can be purchased either directly from RoWards.com or through affiliates, which can white label a redemption web site or offerings and earn a commission. “We are getting early traction with incentive representatives who have traditionally sold only brands. With so much pent-up demand for travel, RoWards provides a turn-key solution—we do all the work.”
He adds, “We do the work that a lot of the traditional incentive, recognition, and loyalty companies don’t wish to do and that we’re happy to do for them: Complete personalization A-Z. We can arrange for car pickups and other concierge services. Our goal is to make it as easy as buying a ticket. People pick when and where they wish to go and want to do, enjoying the sense of control we’ve all lost over this past year during the pandemic.”
Robert Ward, CPIM
Chief Rewards Officer
RoWards - Corporate Rewards & Incentives
Click here for a video.
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.