The Instant Pot story is inspirational not only for home chefs seeking a time-saving device but for entrepreneurs seeking to pursue their dreams. Instant Pot has joined the growing number of leading brands featured at BrandMediaCoalition.com, the only online marketplace that tells the story, personality, and demographics of brands anactive in the corporate market. The Instant Post storefront is sponsored by Premco, a leading master fulfillment company.
Brandmediacoalition.com is the world’s only digital marketplace that tells the stories of the world’s great brands active in the corporate marketplace for business, event, promotional gifting, rewards, and corporate amenities. The platform is designed to help organizations select the right brands to tell their own stories through their gifting, rewards and amenity programs and d to find experts offering corporate pricing, customization, personalization and other enhanced gift or award experiences.
Like with so many great companies, Instant Pot’s founder is passionate about his product. Dr. David Wang, an engineer, conceived of the idea while working in the telecommunications field, with a working wife and two children. After getting laid off, he set out to create a product that would make home cooking quick and easy. It took him and two partners well over a year and about $350,000 to solve a perennial problem for working parents who want to feed their children wholesome meals: how to cook a quick, nutritious and tasty meal around full-time jobs and busy schedules.
Dr. Wang believed he could improve upon the model of pressure cookers that require preparation before leaving for work in the morning by creating a device that can be used in the evening. The Instant Pot device combines pressure cooking and slow cooking with the rice cookers he had known as a child growing up in China. The goal was to make it easy for people to come home from work and have dinner on the table in under an hour.
With no marketing budget, Dr. Wang started selling the product on Amazon.com in 2010, with at first only a few orders trickling in. Sales gradually grew, with Dr. Wang assiduously responding to comments on Amazon.com, good and bad, all the while processing the feedback to improve the product. By 2012, the company was widely recognized for having created a new category of cooking device. By 2016, the company sold over 215,000 units on Black Friday.
Learn all about Instant Pot, its demographics and buyer persona, and those of nearly 50 great brands and growing at BrandMediaCoalition.com.
For More Information
Tel. 914-591-7600, ext. 230
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.