1-800-FLOWERS.COM, a leading provider of gifts to help organizations express, connect, and celebrate, has purchased Alice’s Table, a digital, livestreaming floral, culinary, and experience business for private and business clients.
The purchase of Alice’s Table by 1-800-FLOWERS.COM reflects the company’s “strategic focus on developing immersive experiences, engaging content, and interactive events, as well as embracing entrepreneurial concepts that help deepen relationships with customers and create a real sense of community.”
Launched in 2015 by Alice Lewis to host in-person floral arranging events in homes and venues throughout the US, the company pivoted to a purely digital model in 2020, when it began collaborating with 1-800-FLOWERS.com and Harry & David “to scale experiences in order to provide memorable interactive events, such as designing floral arrangements and creating charcuterie boards, to a broader audience of both large and small groups,” according to a company statement.
“In our continuous efforts to inspire more human expression, connection, and celebration, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM is always looking to see what the entrepreneurial community is developing that will bring inspiration to our world,” according to the announcement. “Our collaboration with Alice’s Table began right at the beginning of the pandemic, and since then it has given more than 80,000 people the opportunity to celebrate their creative capabilities and have some fun. Alice and her team’s passion for bringing customers unforgettable events aligns perfectly with our company’s vision. As we move forward, our focus will be on developing additional experiential concepts with Alice’s Table, creating even more exciting new ways for customers to engage with our family of brands -- and with each other.”
Since its inception, Alice’s Table reportedly “has offered thousands of interactive events that mix top instructor talent with crave-worthy do-it-yourself kits to provide fun-filled experiences for connecting with friends, family, and co-workers. These include special celebratory moments, such as bridal showers and birthday parties, corporate team building, and more. Currently, Alice’s Table offers approximately 10 unique step-by-step workshop themes for public event guests to choose from each month, with new themes designed and introduced seasonally, keeping the offerings fresh, exciting, and on trend.”
Click here for more information.
Education, Certifications, and Information to Activate
Brand Media and Enterprise Engagement
A complete learning, certification, and information program and a course syllabus for educators.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Training and Certification
Enterprise Engagement Alliance Education: Certified Engagement Practitioner; Advanced Engaged Practitioner, and Certified Engagement Solution Provider learning and certification programs on how to implement Stakeholder Capitalism principles at the tactical level.
International Center for Enterprise Engagement: The only training and certification program for ISO 30414 human capital reporting and ISO 10018 quality people management certification.
The EEA offers a complimentary course syllabus for educators.
This is the definitive implementation guide to Stakeholder Capitalism, written specifically to provide CEOs and their leadership teams a concise overview of the framework, economics, and implementation process of a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving success through people. (123 pages, $15.99)
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.