Mark Wunderlich, Leading Rep, Joins Brand Media Coalition Executive Council
Mark Wunderlich, Founder and Principal of IncentiveSource, Inc., has joined the Executive Council of the Brand Media Coalition to help lead the effort to upgrade the industry’s brand and tap the $45 billion or more being sold through consumer retail outlets. IncentiveSource is a leading manufacturers’ representative serving the corporate gift, promotional marketing, incentive, and motivational marketplace, based in St. Louis.
IncentiveSource was founded in 1998 and has offices located in St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Seattle and Cincinnati. It represents dozens of the world’s leading brands. IncentiveSource received the 2019 Company of the Year award by INCENTIVE® Magazine at the 49th Annual IMRA Marketing Conference. The company’s brands include: Bushnell, Coleman, Computer Incentives, DPI
eCreamery, Jarden/JCH, Jura, Kleerwest, Nikon, Omaha Steaks, Orrefors Kosta Boda, Tumi, Zane’s and many others.
A New Strategy Is Needed
“There is no doubt that our industry remains completely unknown and needs a fresh new brand that focuses on what we do best. We help organizations enhance their own brands through gifting, promotional, event gifting and corporate amenities that tap the power of consumer brands to tell stories and connect with people,” Wunderlich
explains. “This is the smartest approach I have seen yet to addressing the industry’s brand and visibility program. The name ‘premium rep’ is a non-starter. As anyone can see by looking at our web site, the term ‘Brand Specialist’ much better describes who we are and what we do.”
More importantly, he adds, “We are seeing more distributors contacting us searching for brands who do not have a clue about where to effectively source brands…Some even still complain about the margin issue, even as I remind them that the actual net sale for them will be much higher because of the bigger order size. It’s clear to me that distributors need a fresh new education on the power of brands as business, event, promotional and event gifting, and where to buy them.”
Time to Focus on the Power of Brands
With over 20 years in the business, Wunderlich thinks the time is right to focus on the industry’s most compelling asset: the power of brands. “I believe we take for granted our greatest strength and differentiator, our ability to help organizations selectively use the right brands in the right programs with the right people to achieve their goals. There is too much focus on product and not enough on brand storytelling and program design, which our industry has largely overlooked. There is no way that a company will get the expertise, customization and personalization, and the ability to work with exceptions from a big-box retailer’s retail division.”
In his role as Brand Media Coalition Executive Council, Wunderlich will provide input into the outreach strategies and messages developed by the Brand Media Coalition, as well as support at regional education and outreach efforts with distributors on behalf of the coalition.
The Brand Media Coalition provides distributors with all the tools they need to sell brands to end-users, as well as the ability to shop for brands through authorized sources at BrandMediaCoalition.com
. “Selling brands is a much simpler story for distributors than selling incentive, recognition, and loyalty programs. Brands for business, event, promotional gifting, and amenities fit right into their business model and expertise, except that the focus now is on brands instead of products. The Brand Media Coalition protects the integrity of our market by ensuring that everyone buys brands through authorized sources for the designated purposes.”
Master the Principles of Enterprise Engagement to Achieve Organizational Goals and Enhance Your Career
Profit from a new strategic and systematic approach to engagement to enhance your organization’s brand equity; increase sales, productivity, quality, innovation, and safety, and reduce risks.
Get trained to become a Chief Engagement Officer for your organization.
Learn how to create Sustainability or Integrated Reports for Your Organization or Clients.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, offering: ISO 10018 certification for employers, solution providers, and Enterprise Engagement technology platforms; Human Resources and Human Capital audits for organizations seeking to benchmark their practices and related Advisory services for the hospitality field.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.